The skills and expertise that we employ in our core work also allow us to digitally repair and reconstruct photos that may have been damaged by age or other unfortunate accidents.
Photo restoration services abound today, many run by those who have learnt repair tricks in Photoshop® or similar software. These services can produce satisfactory results when minor damage exists in background areas of the image, however, when damage exists on the main subject, someone who is artistically skilled will make the repairs look natural and indistinguishable from the surrounding original content. Our 'in-house' photo restorer is a technically accredited professional artist who uses his painting talent and digital skills to bring your cherished photos back to the way they were the day they were first developed.
Blemishes on photos such as cracking, tears, dust spots and discolourations can usually be successfully repaired, bringing the photo back to "as new" condition, and as it a digital process the original is not altered in any way.
Sepia and black and white photos can also be converted into full colour, again without effecting the original.
Here are some typical samples of our work.
We can produce restored photos from the following sources
- Original prints (size limits apply)
- 35mm negative film strips
- 35mm slides (positives)
If your image has some or all of the problems below, we can fix it
- Scratches - Sometimes large, sometimes small, sometimes a few, sometimes a lot in one place or all over the picture
- Creases - Large and small; dog ears and folds
- Rips and Tears – Even if your photo is in pieces, in most cases, it can be put back together again (of course providing no major pieces are missing)
- Spots and Stains - Watermarks, coffee splashes, mould, fungus, etc.
- Pen and Crayon Marks – Caused by little fingers and budding artists!
- Fading - Left the picture on a sunny windowsill too long? Yellowed with age? Colours washed out or dull? Black and White or Colour, we can bring back the lost contrast
- Sticky Tape Joins - The tape goes yellow and brittle and looks terrible
- Colour to Black and White or Sepia – Get a new look with an old look!
- Black & White to Colour - We can colourise all or part of your picture
- Bad Composition - We can crop and if necessary slightly rotate your photos to enhance the subjects
- Unwanted Elements - We can remove unwanted people or objects from your pictures. You will never know they were there
In addition to restoring a photograph, you have many options when it comes to printing it and giving it a particular look and feel:
- Increase its Size – many old photographs were very small originals - why not make it easier to see with an enlargement?
- Decrease its Size – Don't want a poster when a picture will do? Why not make it smaller?
- Paper Type – Full Gloss, Semi Gloss or Matt? Different paper will add different character to your picture
With Every Restoration
With every restoration, we want to make sure that your memories are preserved for a long time to come. As part of our standard service you will receive the following:
- Premium quality print on photographic paper
- Restored image on CD or DVD in photo quality format - make as many duplicates as you like!
- Restored image on CD or DVD in a email optimised format - share your memories with friends and family instantly
- Original image on CD or DVD in high quality format
Check out our photo restoration pricing guide.